Sunday, November 3, 2013

Development of Numeracy in Early Childhood Education

This course, customized by Marshall Cavendish Institute for Ministry of Education Singapore, reviewed the question - how children learn mathematical ideas.

Dr Yeap Ban Har's email is yeapbanhar@gmail.com

Resources

Manipulative Materials

Classroom Warehouse Products website

EAI Education's website

The (clothes) number pegs etc are available in many neighbourhood stores and I saw some in Popular as well.

The 'eggs' are from a shop behind Ang Mo Kio Market (Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10) ... I will get the exact address on my next visit. Watch this space.

The giant playing cards are about $3 a pack from 'pasar malam' type stores.

The music videos are from Debbie and Friends

My favourites include Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella and Goldilocks. Actually I like all the Debbie and Friends videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment